Monday 20 April 2009

A Perfect Looking Day

Today was all about appearances. The sun broke through my window and started inspecting itself in my mirror. Rather vain. The room came alight, as one would expect. The shrubs outside were also trying to branch in, but I pulled the curtain’s veil in time. Nina joined in and was waving her words at me. Birds flyin' high you know how I feel, sun in the sky you know how I feel, breeze driftin’ on by, you know how I feel; it’s a new dawn, it’s a new day, it’s a new life for me... and I’m feeling gg -- gggh -- [crackling sound] I’m feeling GGHHGHHGGHH. Hush.

Mmkay.

In truth, I wasn't feeling good. So I spoke out, as one does. "I ain’t feeling that good, OK? Is that ok with you shapeless matters of weather gaiety? I’m like a square peg in a round hole. Dragonfly out in the sun, you know what I mean, don’t you?"

Crime Scene No 1. Culprit trying to ray himself in.

Crime Scene No 2. Shrubs trying to be nosy.






















Then I decided to retreat myself, or rather, glue myself here ^ because that's my stimulating rigid work corner. Yes, I know it looks more like a play area, but it has to, else I can’t take anything seriously. Today it didn't work though. My corner was bathing in too much warmth and light, and my responsibilities simply melted away in the sun. The glue did too. Or maybe it's just my brain going through a perpetual global warming.


I ended up being dragged outside by appearances, and old habits, where all God's creatures were happily bathing in the new dawn of the final term.
In the words of a pretty lyricist, if it's not a rainy day, you simply don't go outside.

Now that I'm back in my inspiring chamber, those bunnies in a box are giving me silly ideas.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Crime scene number two looks like it needs more inspection. All that green (oh and how beautiful it is shrouded with that perdea lol) is so inviting and tricky. A dream within a dream. Anyway, who are we to judge a perfect looking day?

Jackie Cane said...

and that's all that we see, or seem.